It doesn’t matter whether you prefer coffee or tea, pancakes or waffles, or apples or oranges, I think we can all agree on one thing: Clothing sizes are absolute bullsh*t. They’re inconsistent from store to store (let’s be real, sometimes even within the same store), and they’re downright confusing. Not to mention, vanity sizing has made things even more complicated than they were already.
All of this combines to create what is sometimes an awful shopping experience for women. When you don’t know what size you are at a given store, you can’t really shop online. You have to go to a store in-person and pull a ton of different sizes if you want to have any hope of finding something that fits. Even then, you might end up trying to squeeze into a too-tight pair of pants or feeling swallowed by a dress that’s two sizes too big. Shopping can be confusing and annoying—and all those trips to the dressing room take up a bunch of time that could be better spent drinking milkshakes, watching Netflix, or finding a new cat to follow on Instagram.
But several internet users are taking a stand against this absurdity. They know clothing sizes are BS—and they know you know it, too—so they’ve taken to social media to share their hilarious, unfortunate, or infuriating run-ins with poorly sized clothing.
Scroll down to see nine different—but equally amazing—responses to clothing size garbage.
1. This woman who still fits into a dress she bought five years ago.
2. This model who is totally over too-small sample sizes.
3. This woman who clearly can’t deal with this absurdity anymore.
4. This guy who doesn’t understand his girlfriend’s clothes. Like, at all.
5. This model who experiences anxiety about clothing sizes.
6. This woman who’s fed up with weird sizing (and tone-deaf marketing tactics).
7. These friends who look totally different (and equally gorgeous) in the same size dress.
8. This model who wants you to know that one-size-fits-all definitely doesn’t actually mean one-size-fits-all.
9. This woman who literally doesn’t know what clothing size she is anymore.
- I’m Fat, but I’m Not ‘Brave’ for Wearing a Bikini
- 23 Women Reminding You to Go Ahead and Wear That Swimsuit
- Yes, Couples Can Have Different Body Types and Still Be Happily in Love